Hall Green Dog Racing Stadium
Hall Green Dog Racing Stadium is among England's oldest greyhound stadiums and is said to be one of the crown jewels of England's dog racing association.
Hall Green Dog Racing Stadium opened its doors to dog racing in August 1927. Since then, the stadium has been continouosly improved. Recently, the paddock and fast food area were refurbished for improved betting and the old Racers Restaurant was renovated to become a suite.
In October 1990, Hall Green Dog Racing Stadium opened a hotel adjacent to the third and fourth bends.
And in 2001 and 2002, Hall Green Dog Racing Stadium won the prestigious Western and Midlands track of the year award.
Facility Capacity: 2,500 spectators
- Track circumference: 412 meters
- Hare type: Swaffham McGee
- Distance raced: 258, 480, 645, 670, 820, 892 meters
- Run to first bend: 85 meters (480m)
Major Open Events
- The William Hill Prestige
- The William Hill Blue Riband
- The Suite ideas Gymcrack Puppy Championships
- The Breeders Forum Produce Stakes
- Ian Foster Midland Flat
- Stan James Gymcrack Puppy Championship
- Stadium Bookmakers Midland Flat Championship
- 258m: Hows Yer Man - 15.32 sec. (03/28/93)
- 480m: Farloe Verdict - 28.09 sec. (05/06/03)
- 480mH: Kildare Slippy - 28.52 sec. (04/08/92)
- 645m: Palace Issue - 39.01 sec. (09/22/00)
- 645mH: Eezar Ferrari - 40.71 sec. (12/13/99)
- 892m: Spenwood Wizard - 55.34 sec. (06/16/00)
Getting to Hall Green Dog Racing Stadium
Hall Green Dog Racing Stadium is located at York Drive, Hall Green in Birmingham, England.